A few fine lines, a touch of grey, the traditional changes of ageing are inevitable.
But with skin rejuvenation products, facial treatments that do not involve surgery, and hair care products, there are many options for ladies over 50 who want to reinforce their natural beauty.
The Effects of Age on Skin and Hair
Time spent in the sun, smoking, diet, and heredity all have effects that become evident on your skin as you grow older.
Stress, gravity, and obesity also affect the way skin looks. And as you age, your skin doesn't produce new cells as quickly because it used to so it gradually becomes less elastic and and is more susceptible to dryness.
Something similar happens to cells that give your hair its colour. Hair pigment cells become less effective in self-renewal, causing hair to go grey.
9 Natural Beauty Tips for Your Skin
To care for your skin as you become older, you only need to follow a few basic steps. These natural beauty suggestions will help you get started.
1.Stop smoking if you do. According to studies, smoking causes your skin to age prematurely.
2. Say no to tanning salons and sunbathing. Avoid being in the sun between the hours of 10am and 2pm. The sun's rays are the most powerful at that time.
3. Wear sunscreen like it's a religious ritual. And don't forget to put on a protective hat, wear long-sleeved shirt, pants and sunglasses if you can't avoid being outside. Sun exposure is connected to freckles, age spots, and blotchy skin.
Use sunscreen on a regular basis. Every day, use sunscreen with at least 7% zinc oxide and an SPF of 30 or higher that protects against both UVB and UVA rays. When you're outside, reapply sunscreen to exposed skin every two hours.
Sun damage can cause fine wrinkles and an uneven skin tone, among other things.
4. Skin cancer should be checked on a regular basis. Call your doctor straight away if you notice any changes that concern you. Older, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk and should have a check up every year.
5. Soothe irritated, dry skin by using a humidifier. Use moisturising soaps and lotions as well. If you're still having issues, see your doctor.
6. Eat well and stay hydrated. Skin healing is aided by good nutrition. Drinking plenty of water helps your skin to stay hydrated from the inside out.
7. Try anti-ageing products. If you're over age 50, over-the-counter creams and lotions can help enhance your natural beauty by rejuvenating your skin.
Pentapeptides (a compound in many new products) may help prompt skin cells to supply more collagen, which is that the support structure that provides skin a firmer look. Prescription treatments and retinoid creams also are options.
8. Microdermabrasion and micro-needling can erase ultrafine lines, rejuvenate your complexion, and improves skin tone and colour. Laser resurfacing can improve sun-damaged skin, scars, wrinkles, and other facial problems.
Make sure you only visit a reputable skin clinic if you want to pursue these options.
9. A recent study discovered that doing regular facial exercises gave participants bigger cheeks and a more youthful appearance. Combine the anti-ageing cosmetic products you apply to your skin with face workouts to help keep wrinkles and sagging skin at bay.